Friday, June 1, 2007

Let that Creativity flow...



I painted faces today and what happy subjects I had for my creative venture! The kids did actually enjoy the face painting, though you'd never tell by the so serious expressions! Note to self, 2 year olds do not make the most patient canvasses on which to paint, but will however, try yours (patience that is!) Why on earth would I paint these children (and no that little guy next to Sarah is not Josh, that's Walker, a kid I watch during the week) up with no place to go? All for fun and I have always enjoyed seeing kids' imaginations take off once they're done! I was totally inspired at Centre Fest in Red Deer last summer by a few of the face painters there and I think it may be a great hobby to take up. And hey, if you like what you see here and are mildly creative, have had your creative bone wiggled a bit, or want to find out more about painting you should go here to my friend Angela's blog! She's a very talented Canadian water color artist who I am privileged to call friend! Leave her a note and she will get back to you! Anyway, must go to bed now, maybe after washing off the many layers of garden dirt and citronella and essential oil from my day in the yard! God bless the people who make and market natural mosquito repellant and the people at Young Living Essential Oils for all their great recipes for naturals!

4 comments:

Tammy said...

Hello Dear Dawn, boy those are such serious, but fun faces! You have a lovely gift for painting lovely designs on the kids.

I love your friend Angela's blog, she is a very talented artist. God is so generous with the gift He gives us.

By the way, keep praying for the God's will for Brian and I to have a baby. Brian and I had a discussion and agreed that God is the one to direct that and we will trust Him if I do become pregnant. - was that too personal for a blog comment..hmmm...maybe...oh well I am an open book LOL!

Remind me next time I call to pick your brain about natural products. You blog about them a lot and I am very curious about how we could use them in our lives.

I will be praying for you and your beautiful family for a great summer and the pure peace, contentment and love of our precious Lord.

Love ya guys!
Tammy

Angela Fehr said...

Thanks for the plug, Dawn! I have actually never painted my kids' faces, but I'll have to consider giving it a shot this summer. The kids look pretty cute!

Reminds me of the perfectionist face-painter at a summer bbq years ago - he was SO SLOW - the line was enormous and we never did get our faces painted.

Dawn said...

Tammy: not too personal...perhaps others will be praying too!

Angela: face painting is actually pretty time consuming but when I painted Becca I had to move pretty quick, hence the free form lines outlining the wings of her butterfly. I actually used black water paint from a kids set and a fine tip brush; the face paint in the kits (cheap ones anyway) are very hard to do any fine work but the water colors worked quite well and washed off better than the actual face paint!

Talena said...

Beautiful job, Dawn! I love the Spider-man! And Sarah's butterfly looks almost luminescent!

Been experimenting with a not-so-effective insect repellent, but I'll have to wait until my next order comes so I can make the good stuff. Poor Jabin. If you saw him, you'd ask "Where doesn't he have a mosquito bite?!"

"Every day is lost in which we do not learn something useful. Man has no nobler or valuable possession than time." Ludwig van Beethoven