Monday, May 28, 2007

Here's what we've been doing lately...

Sarah turned 5 on May 21 and celebrated with a pool party and cake at home with a house full.

Josh rode a mini-bike at the moto-cross clinic here a few weeks ago, loved it and won a prize!!
" Caley"

Hello, sorry to be so neglectful. I do wish to blog more, but alas, the family, house, and yard take priority over my writings and musing here in blog land. Today, however, it is raining and the kids are napping so here I am, blogging, when really I could and should be doing laundry or dishes or painting or some other task. Funny how that stuff always waits for you.


We have just had another weekend filled with visiting and company; friends from Red Deer we truly missed. Always good to catch up. Excitement just prior to that however, was our newest addition to our family...our dog. "Caley" we call her. She is a Malamute Husky crossed Golden retriever dog who has easily won our hearts already...we've not had her even one week. I am a little tentative about the fact she may be a digger, as her genetics may lend her to be. But she's a very sweet puppy and seems to have learned her name, to come and to fetch in the short time she's been here. I'm excited by the fact I'll have a running partner by September! And by the fact our kids will grow up with a loyal and true companion...who just happens to chew on their toys if left strewn about. (Teachable moments, right?!) Our cat on the other hand is less than thrilled and I'm certain would love to scratch out Caley's eyes at any given moment. He spends most of his time up on Sarah's bunk or hiding in the basement. Thought the dog doesn't chase him. I guess I'd get a little crusty too if some slobbering, always happy, jumpy white ball of cuteness honned in on my territory. Entertaining none the less! Glad tidings to all of you reading but now I must go sprout some grains, tidy up a wee bit, and wake my sleepers!
Drop me a line if you've any dog keeping advice!

5 comments:

Talena said...

That's a great name, and she is cute!

I thought of your Sarah on her birthday. My little calendar reminded me. Then I reminded me that at one point in my life, I would have had the birthday gifts bought for all my kids' friends (and all my friend's kids)at least a month in advance, getting it sent out in enough time to actually be close to the actual birthdate. Now, I'm lucky if I remember my own kids' birthday gifts! My friends kids get to make do with a belated "hey, happy birthday!"

She is beautifuler than ever.

Now I must to paint. (That was not a typo.)

Angela Fehr said...

Happy Birthday to Sarah!

What's this "waking sleepers" business? We never wake the sleeping child in this house - nap time is sacred!

Dawn said...

Talena: "must to paint"?!! how much sleep haven't you been getting and what kind of paint are you using?? Don't worry about the birthday thing, I've given up hope on trying to keep up with every one's kids. And a Happy Belated to your boys too, for the past, what 3 years or so...

Angela: I only wake them if they've been sleeping longer than an hour and a half, otherwise they keep us up to odd hours of the night!

Tammy said...

Happy Belated Birthday to Sarah! 5 I think I remember that age, Sarah is really cute!

You have a puppy now, he will be a big boy judging by the breed. I love dogs, not sure if we will ever own one, but you never know.

Josh looks excited all decked out in his motorcross suit.

Great to hear you are still running, I admire that you have the motivation to run. A good day for me is when I have biked 25 min and watched something to keep me interested. I lack motivation, something I struggle with, oh well, God is working on that one too.

love you, Tam

Angela Fehr said...

Hey Dawn, of course you can throw my blog on your list! I'm pretty new to blogging and it would be nice if someone read the stupid thing!
http://angelafehr.blogspot.com

"Every day is lost in which we do not learn something useful. Man has no nobler or valuable possession than time." Ludwig van Beethoven