Just a few drops at first then more. Before you know it it's a cloud burst that some how finds it's way into your basement...such has been my life the past few days.
We've had over 20 inches of rain each of the past two summers and close to 10 so far this spring alone. Already high water table + way too much rain in way too short a time + one ill placed down spout = water in basement and one Dawn freaking out about the possibility of the old paneling growing mold. No, not fun.
We've ripped out much of the carpet (needing to be done, just didn't quite plan on doing that so soon), "washed" the cement and wood down with an industrial anti fungal, and have many fans drying out what's been soggy.
What's God trying to teach us thru all this? Patience? Perseverance? Dependence? How to really tell if the sump pump is actually working? I think all of the above and I'm sure more.
It's not a party down there, but I guess it could be a whole lot worse. And besides, now we can shop for floor covering other than carpet (which I've never been too keen on in a basement anyway). When it rains it pours. At my house, I'll just keep looking for that silver lining. And I'd thought of some other rainy day cliche to add but I'm just too tired to try to think of it now.
Love to you all.
1 comment:
Sigh. That sounds like a yucky time. Get out the Thieves for the mold!
Hope it's dried out a bit by now.
Post a Comment