Thursday, June 28, 2007

WARNING: this is not a gloat, I'm just excited.

I think I did it. I really think I did.

I think I just hit what's called a "runners high". 35 minutes of straight running, I usually quit after 20-25.

But not today. I decided in my little brain to just keep going. My exact thoughts were "So if I were to keep going, what's the worst that will happen? I'll pass out here on the street and have some neighborly person come to my rescue. Or I just might keep going indefinitely." I opted for the latter.

The last ten minutes were actually way easier than the first 25. I hardly noticed my breathing and my feet no longer felt like lead. By the time I rounded the last corner I felt kinda tingly (not passing out tingly) and still had energy. I thought about continuing, not sure why exactly I stopped.

We'll see how tomorrow goes.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I'm highly impressed with anyone who runs voluntarily. Like when no one's chasing them :). Good for you!

Tammy said...

Hey Dawn, that is so cool you ran past your usual goal. It's neat how are bodies work when we exercise, I remember in my younger years, that running was a good way to stay in shape. I long for those legs again, however, my thing is swimming. Good for you to get that runner's high, that is really awesome.

I think a phone call is in order sometime next week, when is a good time to call? Afternoon or night after dinner. Let me know, and keep running.

Praying and God's richest blessings to you my friend (and cousin!)
Love you, Tammy

Talena said...

Very cool! Thanks for sharing about this!

Luv.

"Every day is lost in which we do not learn something useful. Man has no nobler or valuable possession than time." Ludwig van Beethoven