One thing I really miss, having grown up on a dairy (no not 5:30 milkings, or shoveling manure, or being stared down by an angry bull) is the new life every spring. I had the good fortune of witnessing many calves being born and helped them along as they took their first breath. It is amazing to help such a huge animal birth it's young and to be able to watch them mother their own kind. Not only are cows good for milk and beef, but also an example of mothering and nurturing. Oh, come on. Like you've never bellowed for your kids?! Cheers!
Thursday, March 15, 2007
Down on the Farm
One thing I really miss, having grown up on a dairy (no not 5:30 milkings, or shoveling manure, or being stared down by an angry bull) is the new life every spring. I had the good fortune of witnessing many calves being born and helped them along as they took their first breath. It is amazing to help such a huge animal birth it's young and to be able to watch them mother their own kind. Not only are cows good for milk and beef, but also an example of mothering and nurturing. Oh, come on. Like you've never bellowed for your kids?! Cheers!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
"Every day is lost in which we do not learn something useful. Man has no nobler or valuable possession than time." Ludwig van Beethoven
No comments:
Post a Comment