Thursday, March 12, 2009

WEEEeeeeeeeeee and then uggghhhhhhh

The title about sums it up people. Surgery went fine. I'm back at home just 9 hours later, up and walking about. Still a little woozie. Belly button hurts a little and my motor skills are kind of sluggish. The only complaint about the whole thing would be the multiple puncture wounds I sustained in my left hand/forearm where they tried to find a vein. Apparently veins collapse when your dehydrated from having to fast and abstain from water. Go figure. And like numerous surgery veterans attested to, you really do just drift off to sleep, or in my case fall off abruptly. I'm sure I was mid sentence. Then you wake up two hours later feeling like you've just had a great.nap. What ever drug was in my IV bag may have helped that feeling of happiness along. A friend once said that's the "shiny" feeling. And I agree. So, I'm going to go sip some soup and veg out for a bit. Thanks for the prayers.

6 comments:

Angela Fehr said...

Glad you made it! Feel better! I am mentioning you in my blog today - and leaving it open for you to leave embarrassing comments - what are friends for?

happygeek said...

Glad you made it through.
Gotta LOVE those naps.

Dawn said...

Thanks Angela, commenting there made me feel better! :)

Happy Geek: glad you stopped by, thanks for commenting! I've enjoyed reading your posts lately! :)

Suzanne said...

Here I am laughing hysterically at your comment you left me and I didn't even know about the surgery! I am so sorry! GET WELL SOON!
As for the great nap, I felt the same way when they put me under to take out my wisdom teeth!
Have a good week. I will drop by more often! :)

Dawn said...

Suzanne, that's ok. It's hard to keep up with all the blogs in the world. I'm thrilled with an occasional hello now and then...no pressure. ;)

Scrapnqueen said...

Sorry I missed out on this! I hope you are feeling much better by now! Now that the surgery is out of the way, does that mean you might get to RD area after all? :-D

Hugs!

"Every day is lost in which we do not learn something useful. Man has no nobler or valuable possession than time." Ludwig van Beethoven