Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Sum-ting Stinkee

Something stinks in my laundry room. Not the usual dirty sock smell that sometimes graces my de-stinkify room. Nope not a sock. Something else. I noticed it this morning when I went to start up the machines. I wish my dh were here to help me find the source of the reek. Or at least to verify that it does indeed smell funkier than usual down there - I'd feel a little less crazy. Just a little.

But it's like that in life isn't it? We need the strengths of our spouses or those close to us to help us when we notice somethings not quite right. Like when you're about to make a dumb decision or after you've reacted poorly to circumstances. Again. I love that about my husband. He's got quite a radar about stuff. And is becoming quite good at tactfully pointing out the "stink" he's noticed. As iron sharpens iron, we need each other. And I love that.


Totally different topic, my artist friend Angela is having free giveaways this month to celebrate her birthday. Go to her blog to enter. You could win something really great like this beautiful decorative coaster painted by Angela herself!! I love free stuff and it's even better when it's from a friend. So drop by her blog, read her great posts and leave a note.

2 comments:

Angela Fehr said...

Thanks for linking, Dawn!

In our house, when something is stinky it's either Wes or a dead mouse. And somehow I've ended up dealing with both! These things always happen when he's unavailable for assistance!

And yes, I think we make a big mistake when we ignore our spouse's radar on such things - or flare up in response. I want my husband to be unafraid to challenge my opinions and actions when it is required. I know you don't have that problem with Michael!

Dawn said...

You know us well, old friend! (I don't mean you are old, just that we've been blessed to know you guys for quite a while...)

"Every day is lost in which we do not learn something useful. Man has no nobler or valuable possession than time." Ludwig van Beethoven