Life is interesting. We are taught to plan ahead, set some goals, know where you're going and be prepared. But does it ever really work out the way we plan? Sometimes. Sometimes not. I can think of friends who recently decided to take on a new business venture. That wasn't planned a year ago. Other friends who are now not sure where they'll be living and what they'll be doing next fall. And still others who are deeply questioning a drastic career change. And there are others we know who have painstakingly worked toward lofty goals and have done so with flying colors. I admire all of them, being able to roll with the punches, and also those who are dedicated to a plan. But I do sometimes wonder if all our planning and scheming is really worth all our sweat and tears and sleepless nights of worry. "Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything." Phillipians 4:6 Easy to say, harder to live. I guess I'm reminded once again that I'm not in control. He is. Thank goodness!
How about you, what's got your mind occupied friends?
2 comments:
This most recent change in our lives has really been stretching me. This whole winter, God has been teaching me to "enjoy the process", instead of always being in such a hurry for the result. I'm learning to just enjoy my life where it's at. I thought I already knew how to do that, but I guess I was wrong.
He is walking me through it, though.
It seems every time we have to relearn the same lesson He teaches it to us in a new way or we learn something new from it. We'll keep praying for you!
Post a Comment