Thursday, January 15, 2009

HELP!

I need your help all you graphic design, digital scrap booking, know the Internet like the back of your hand people...
A colleague and I are trying to redesign a brochure we made for our doula business. Right now it's a plane-Jane (yawn, boring...) print out on white paper. One photo only and it really could use some help.
Since I don't know where to get all those great ideas for beautiful back grounds, swirly thingies or creative anything, could you help me?? We'd like to put it together on the computer and either email it or save it to disk to have printed at Staples or some copy place.
Please help me, I'd be forever grateful...

5 comments:

Angela Fehr said...

Hi Dawn! I don't don't much of that kind of thing - I generally use what I've got in clip art because I am too lazy to download new art. But a google search for digital scrapbookin kits brings up all kinds of sites!
I've used this link: http://scrapbooking.about.com/od/freedigitaldownloads/Digital_Scrapbooking_Free_Downloads.htm

There are a few issues if you are using digital art for commercial purposes - you can search some of the larger digital scrapbooking sites for commercially licensed kits - they range very much in price - and there are a few free ones as well.

Have fun!

Brian said...

I would suggest vector images. They are different from clip art in that you can actually pull apart the pieces of the design and take what you want. For instance, if you saw a design with a curly thing that you like, you simply take that part of the design out and use it.

It's a little time-consuming thought, you would probably be better off with some sort of prepackaged software.

If you are interested, the program you use for vector is Inkscape and it's free. Also, Google "free vector art" and you can download different images that are easy to use.

-Bonnie fifteenminuteslate.wordpress.com
(sorry, it's making me sign in as my husband)

happygeek said...

I'm so not useful in that sort of thing-y.
But if you are willing to pay a little there are a TON of SAHM graphic designers who are trying to bring a little extra cash.
If you need names, let me know, I love the blog layout of several and they do their own designs. IT may even be cheaper and easier than buying new software.

Dawn said...

Hey guys, thanks so much for your help. We will have to do some digging around on a few things you've mentioned. So again, THANKS!!

Scrapnqueen said...

Hey, do you still need help with this? Sorry, I know I'm inexcusably behind on your blog. Let me know. (Via e-mail, probably!)

"Every day is lost in which we do not learn something useful. Man has no nobler or valuable possession than time." Ludwig van Beethoven