Wednesday, April 4, 2007

A Sobering Thought

Ever sit and think about how much your life would change if you were diagnosed with a life altering disease? How differently would you live if you knew your life might be a whole lot shorter than you'd anticipated? These two thoughts have bumbled about in my head the last few days. But why? you may ask. Well, here's why: a close friend has been challenged with some unusual health issues. After consulting with her practitioner and undergoing a few test she now needs to see a neurologist. The prognosis is not very hopeful according to her doctor. I pray that it is nothing . But none the less, I will accompany her to her appointment tomorrow and brace for what may be a very long, painful journey. I also pray that any good God's planted in me will be of some encouragement and strength to my dear friend. It's crazy how quickly things can be put into perspective when life hangs in the balance.

1 comment:

Talena said...

Wow. I'll be praying for both of you.

Hug!

"Every day is lost in which we do not learn something useful. Man has no nobler or valuable possession than time." Ludwig van Beethoven