I have been chosen to be driven to humility.
To be wholly refined in Your Holy blaze of fire.
And even when I'm sturdy, I pray You'll keep my knees dirty.
May the heart of Your will be my only heart's desire
One thousand miles of road not taken
Sure I tremble, yet my faith will not be shaken
You're teaching me, You're in control
Sure the waves could knock me down but I say let 'em roll
'Cause I have been chosen to be driven to humility
To be wholly refined in Your holy blaze of fire
And even when I'm sturdy, I pray You'll keep my knees dirty
May the heart of Your will be my only heat's desire
I don't mean to boast about my tomorrows
But I'm resting in the man who knows my pain and all
my sorrows...
Well you're kindness brought repentance
For the years of foolish pride
Sometimes You've got to knock me down
Just so I can see the light.
Old songs by Watermark make me nostalgic. Not sure, but that may have been the song our first born entered the world listening to. Good memories. The words and the Word still apply.
4 comments:
Hey Dawn, what a lovely entry! I hope you are well, we have not spoken in such a long time, give me a call sometime...
BTW, can you post a link to my new podcast page on my site? The link is this: http://web.mac.com/got_jesus/gotJesus/Podcast/Podcast.html
How are you guys doing this fall? Please keep in touch and thanks again for a lovely and touching and real entry on your blog.
Much love,
Tam
I've been thinking a lot about pride lately myself. So hard to keep that humility.
Was just thinking about you and your very quiet blog!
And I've never heard of Watermark. Will have to check them out!
Tammy, I will post your link and will call some evening this week. It has been too long.
Angela, humility is not my favorite lesson to learn continually but living in His humbleness is what we all aim for. Watermark actually no longer exists. You can google Nathan and Christy Nockles and listen to a bit of their newer tunes, but this one was an old one, think I bought it when we were finishing our first year at NBI. Hugs to you!
I love Watermark. In fact, I just performed one of their songs on the weekend that was actually caught on video. I will hopefully posting it soon.
Hey, friend.
Post a Comment