I was fooling around with the camera the other day and thot this picture kinda neat. I like the lighting and contrast of the tea pot and reflection of refracted light through the kitchen window. And then I saw my silly "taking a picture" reflection on the front of the pot and laughed. A photographer I'll never be. Oh well, can't blame one for trying. But this picture will remind me of all the times we've sat together laughing over tea or the times I wished we could. Life is short, enjoy the simple things. Love to you!
Sunday, September 9, 2007
Time for Tea
I was fooling around with the camera the other day and thot this picture kinda neat. I like the lighting and contrast of the tea pot and reflection of refracted light through the kitchen window. And then I saw my silly "taking a picture" reflection on the front of the pot and laughed. A photographer I'll never be. Oh well, can't blame one for trying. But this picture will remind me of all the times we've sat together laughing over tea or the times I wished we could. Life is short, enjoy the simple things. Love to you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
"Every day is lost in which we do not learn something useful. Man has no nobler or valuable possession than time." Ludwig van Beethoven
7 comments:
Reminds me of the famous kettle on eBay where the reflection was of a fat guy in his underwear! So you don't have to feel alone in your photographic endeavors! Actually, what your photo has prompted me to do is whip out my brush and paint it - minus the mini-portrait.
And I don't know if we ever did sit and have tea - doesn't really seem like a dorm-life activity - but oh, that would be nice now! Drinking lots of tea this week as I am down with a cold.
Hey Dawn, its kinda funny that you should take a picture of a teapot yesterday. I dehydrated some camomile flowers a while ago and last night I finally boiled the kettle and made a cup of my very first organic camomile tea. It was quite good and your teapot picture, (which is quite lovely by the way), reminded me of how soothing a pot of tea is.
I was a bit stressed and having the tea last night totally calmed me and I was a bit proud of my dehydrating accomplishment.
Brian likes earl grey and only drinks that in the morning. I now have no excuse to stop harvesting the camomile in our garden. I am looking forward to having many more tea breaks!
Hope all is well with your family,
God's richest blessings, love and peace,
Love always,
Tammy xxoo
Angela, I don't believe I've ever heard about the ebay kettle, but it sounds absolutely funny. Send me a pic of your version of my teapot, I'd love to see that! And yes, tea with you would indeed be a treat!
Tammy, camomile is one of my faves too! What's the best way to dehydrate (oven or dehydrater)?
Hey Dawn, I used an electric 'American Harvest' dehydrator that cost me about $40. I have never used an oven to dehydrate stuff, and the machine dried the camomile in less than an hour. I dried two batches of the camomile and it fits into a spice jar I got from ikea. I also got a tea infuser from ikea and i fill up half of that and let my tea steep for about 5 mins. The wonders of technology never cease to amaze me.
By the way today is my first day of being a reformed smoker, I am using the patch and having a bit of a hard craving this morning, please pray that I won't cave in and go back to smoking.
Hope all is well with you and your family,
Love Tam
I love this photo, self-portrait and all! And the eBay kettle sounds very funny. I actually never noticed that you were in this photo until you pointed it out--I was too busy admiring all the refracted kitchen-window light!
So, shall we plan on tea tomorrow then? Oh, how I wish we could! Wait, I am babysitting tomorrow. How about Friday?
:-)
Post a Comment