Thursday, August 2, 2007

Play Hard or Go Home

Sport: Ladies Outdoor Soccer, Lloyminster AB

Team: Cut Knife Coyotes

Season Finishing Record: I have no idea

Assessment of Personally sustained Damage:
-one discolored, painfully sore kicking foot
-toe nail, bruised deep blue, throbbing and likely to fall off
-multiple heel blisters
-upper knuckles on right hand scraped
-muscle strains and stiffness throughout
-bruising located on upper right shoulder
-cleat marks on bottom left calf muscle

Future plan of action: to keep on playing this awesome sport with these amazing ladies. Thanks for the good times and all the laughs. And to seek sleep and ice packs.

4 comments:

Angela Fehr said...

Blisters? Bruised toenails? Cleat marks? I like my (semi)pretty feet too much to do that to them!

My sis-in-law Keri (Ross's wife) is going to provincials in St. Albert with her ladies soccer team -don't think they've lost a game all season - I'm proud of her though I haven't seen her play since she plays in Grande Prairie.

It's neat that your small town can find enough interest to put together a team. And a good way to get to know some people! So what do you do now that the season is over?

Dawn said...

Angela:It is great to be able to have a team in such a small community. And now that the season is done, I plan to nurse my wounds, continue running and look forward to next soccer season.

Talena said...

You guys are so cute!

Too bad the photographer made you guys squint into the sun and cast his/her shadow over you.

Ah, well. The glowing smiles make up for it.

You go, athletic girl! (Wish I could be more like that!)

Dawn said...

Thanks T! But I am starting to question my own sanity, now that my blisters are gaping wounds and very painful to wear shoes or even walk. Yikes!

"Every day is lost in which we do not learn something useful. Man has no nobler or valuable possession than time." Ludwig van Beethoven