I don't know about you, but I'm one of those moms who loves doing stuff with my kids around the house. Sometimes it's a kid initiated activity, sometimes stuff in the kitchen, or my fave...cleaning! So today after I'd dropped off our youngest at preschool for the afternoon, and our oldest (he's been at home for 10 days since his tonsillectomy....ya, another story for another time) I came home to an empty house and list of things to do a mile long. As it turns out, it's only taken me a quarter of the time to finish "the list". Huh. I knew kids can slow ya down, I just never realized how much. But I'll take three crazy munchkins over household efficiency anytime.
Thursday, October 8, 2009
So that's weird...
I don't know about you, but I'm one of those moms who loves doing stuff with my kids around the house. Sometimes it's a kid initiated activity, sometimes stuff in the kitchen, or my fave...cleaning! So today after I'd dropped off our youngest at preschool for the afternoon, and our oldest (he's been at home for 10 days since his tonsillectomy....ya, another story for another time) I came home to an empty house and list of things to do a mile long. As it turns out, it's only taken me a quarter of the time to finish "the list". Huh. I knew kids can slow ya down, I just never realized how much. But I'll take three crazy munchkins over household efficiency anytime.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
"Every day is lost in which we do not learn something useful. Man has no nobler or valuable possession than time." Ludwig van Beethoven
3 comments:
Yeah, they do slow you down. It's amazing what I can get done when they're in school. However now that they're older, I do the drill sergeant thing and get them to hustle and pick up and clean WITH me, that's amazing to watch!
I really don't remember what household efficiency is like. Maybe it's better that way--I can't yearn for something I don't know about, right? (Or, at least, not with the same intensity.)
I agree with your last sentence whole-heartedly!
Suzanne: cleaning with you...like Marry Poppins! I just haven't figured out the whole snap your fingers and stuff magically flies into place thing yet.
T: True. I know my standards of tidy and clean are MUCH different than they were before kids. Oh well. Hubby keeps on reminding me that one day they'll be off and grown and the house too quiet and too clean.
Post a Comment