Everybody's at home today on this grey quiet Tuesday! We're all fighting coughs, aches, stuffy noses. Let's all say it together... H1N1! Maybe. But we have been advised to stay home until better. So we've been reading tons, watching a few movies and playing A LOT. And of course loading up on vitamins, probiotics and essential oils.
I ventured out today to buy food, we still have to feed kids even though both M and I feel like terrible. And upon picking up the mail I found a parcel from a cousin of mine in Winnipeg. In it, a kids CD by the group Alphabet Soup. My favorite song - "Spider Mom". (to the theme music of the old Spider Man show, of course.)
Spider-Mom, Spider-Mom
Wipes the little spider bums
Whips a meal up anywhere
Folds up socks and underwear
Look Out! There goes the Spider-Mom
Spider-Mom, Spider-Mom
Wipes up spills of milk and crumbs
Makes the snacks, combs your hair
Makes sure kids wear underwear
Look Out! There goes the Spider-Mom
In the heat of the night
At the sound of the chime
If she hears a cry
She arrieves just in time
Spider-Mom, SpiderMom
Wipes off sinks and bathtub scum
You can count on her to care
But you'll never see her underwear
Look Out!
Whoever needs a Band-Aid
Someone wants some Kool-Aid
She's sure to come to your aid
You'll find the Spider-Mom
I found another of their songs on YouTube for ya. Fun stuff.
2 comments:
I pray that if the H1N1 has reached your family (way up there!) that you will heal quickly. Many of our friends have gone through it and I have been a germaphob for 2 weeks which means I have been preaching constant hand washing and vitamin eating to my children! Take care, I like the song!
Oh, I hope you guys feel better soon! We didn't get the flu, but the cold we had was bad enough! (Jude and Jason seemed to escape unscathed so far, thankfully.)
That song is really cute. I love things that make you smile--and boy, do you need them more than ever in the flu-induced fog. Say hi to everyone there from everyone here!
LY.
Post a Comment