A few days a week I help out at the public school my kids attend as an Educational Assistant. Once in a while filling in for the secretary. Today was one such day.
While working quietly at the days tasks I was interrupted by a snicker/chortle/giggly laugh coming from the principle, whose office is connected to the main one where I was. She looked up, from her "you're gonna be on hold for a long time" phone call and repeated the country-western song playing on the hold loop - "God is good, beer is great and people are crazy..."
I've no idea who sings the song, nor the tune, which I think might be funny to hear, but I did think to myself how very true that bit of the sentence really is. Except for the beer. (Why anyone would put something that smells like horse urine in their mouth is beyond me.)
If you hear it, or care to look it up, send me the link!
No comments:
Post a Comment