Saturday, July 18, 2009

Huh...

So, I've not blogged in a while. Lots has happened since my last post I'm sure, but nothing life changing, at least for me anyway. Here's a list:

1. The "wedding of the century" went off without a hitch. My sister-in-law and now brother-in-law make a fantastic couple. Terribly expensive tastes, but they have heart.
2. We installed new windows. By we I mean hubby and friends. Yay for boys!
3. Many dead trees where hacked down in the back 40 of our ginormous yard. Again, hubby and friends. Let's say it together...Yay boys!
4. Said hubby sliced his hand fixing my fishing rod. He's better now but can't fish for a while. Or drive. Or chop wood. Or wash his pits cuz he's not supposed to get the wound wet. Yay me!
5. The rest of the summer we plan to play with the kids, putter around the yard and perhaps do a bit of camping. Our summer budget will also have to extend into fall as we have not one but two family weddings (technically 3 but the third one's in Connecticut!). Both are out in Manitoba, and both we HAVE to be at. You know, immediate family and all that. But it's good. Time we head out that way anyway. We had planned to possibly go out to BC this summer. Oh well. Maybe Christmas? Next year, provided people stop getting married in our families!! That's all for now.

PS: "Those people" did after all invite us to come on their exclusive fishing trip, last minute. (No one else was able to make it, other than the grandparents and they wanted someone for their kid to play with...) We declined on account of hubby's hand injury and the fact we've just returned from a long trip. Desperation or an extension of friendship? Again, I'll keep you posted.

5 comments:

Angela Fehr said...

Welcome back! Sucks about Michael's hand though if one must be injured, it is good for it to happen for chivalrous reasons. And we'll just have to plan that BC trip for next year - the kids will be that much older which will make it even more fun! Shocking how fast this summer is going by.

Suzanne said...

I'm here! But I lost everyone when I changed browsers and added and external hard drive etc.! Crazy, I keep wishing our summer would slow down so I could "putter" too, but working for my husband is tough! Trying to start a business from home, so I can stay home, is tough! Anywhooo, enjoy your summer...

Unknown said...

Hi Dawn,

I was doing a bit of surfing today and came across your blog. It's been a LONG while since we've chatted so, it has been great to read up on how you are all doing!

Just wanted to say hi!

Kim Schellenberg

Scrapnqueen said...

Hi, Dawn! Whew, I had a giggle at the one about pits... 'cause I know it means more than just pits... :-)

Sounds like a busy summer of doing all the things summers are best at. Yay, summer! We'll have to chat via ye olde telephone soon... cause I miss you! Whaaaa!

Hugs!

T.

Dawn said...

Thanks for the comments friends! And yes, Talena, you know me well!!

"Every day is lost in which we do not learn something useful. Man has no nobler or valuable possession than time." Ludwig van Beethoven