Saturday, April 26, 2008

What If?

What if instead of wasting our grey water (from washing hands and dishes, bathing, etc) we used it to water our lawns and gardens? (That is assuming you're using phosphate free, all natural soaps)

What if instead of throwing away our produce peels and refuse we composted them?

What if instead of tossing out bits of plastic, cardboard and "garbage" we actually recycled them?

Better yet, what if we bought items with little or no packaging?

What if our governments actually helped make the switch to earth friendly transportation and industries?

What if we really cared about our planet and each of us did everything we could to live healthy, responsible lives?

I think it would be the end of the world as we know it: things would change in our bodies, our homes, the planet.

3 comments:

Talena said...

Good thoughts, Dawn. Especially about the government actually helping the process. Wouldn't that be nice?

Hey, what do you do with your produce in the grocery store (that doesn't come in a package, since most organic stuff does, ironically)? Do you just put it in your cart a la carte?

Dawn said...

a la carte would be ideal, except for the need to sort every vegetable and fruit at the check out not to mention the bruising. We do bag em, if I remember I reuse bags from previous trips. And the rest we recycle.

Talena said...

Sometimes I am SO blond. Why didn't I think of re-using old produce bags?!!

Will start keeping a stash of those in the van, too! Thanks for the idea!

"Every day is lost in which we do not learn something useful. Man has no nobler or valuable possession than time." Ludwig van Beethoven