
Ever had one of those time in life that things aren't happening that way you thought they would? Ever question if the decisions you've made were bad, oh so bad? Ever wondered just when it was that God would finally show up? Well, that's been me (actually us - hubby and I ) lately. Things are starting to come together now, but a week ago, not so much.
We sold our house in "smallsville" Saskatchewan fully believing God was leading us to move closer to our families. The place sold quickly, dh had cased a teaching job in the area we'd felt lead to and we were on our way. However, this chicken who likes to have her ducks in a row was about to have the proverbial rug pulled out from under her. We'd sold our place and moved out of it assuming (like dummies) that finding another place would be as easy as it had been last time. Our household goods would only need to be in storage in that reclaimed stock trailer (ya, like the ones for cows...) for only a short while, right? Nope. Apparently purchasing a "doesn't need $30,000 worth of fixing" house in "not as smallsville" would prove to be quite a challenge. More so because we'd really had our hearts set on a chunk of land to put a few cattle and chickens on, but I'll tell you about that another day. In short, we were without a home of our own for five weeks. We were homeless. HOMELESS!
I should interject at this point and tell you that we are staying at dh's folks place (gracious them!) and I really have no complaints. They have been so accommodating even allowing our old kitty to wander in and out as he pleases. But it is strange to live in someone else's house; I'm always on edge wanting to be a good house guest, tidy and helpful, keeping the kids in check. And it's kind of eerie the way you really get to know people when you live with them. I mean really get to know them, in the wish I'd never heard/seen that kind of way. Oh well.
But, God did show up. Or rather WE finally saw Him. I know He'd been there all along. We did find a place, sorted out our financing which I won't tell you about because that's still a very sore, angry place, and signed papers to move in next week. Our junk is still in the trailer and we're still living with the parents and there's still a pile of work ahead of us, but knowing our destination makes it all seem better somehow.
I think our lives as believers should be like that. We know where we're headed in the ends so all this other stuff that clutters our lives and frustrates us should be less so. I like what Paul said about looking forward to what lies ahead, forgetting the past and finishing strong. Hmm. That's last bit was just for me I think.
2 comments:
Glad to hear your move worked out despite the bumpy road - those hard times are always easier when we remember that God has a purpose for us in them! We get out to Preeceville once in a while to see Wade's family so if you are close enough, maybe we can see you sometime!
Hey, you changed your template!
Homeless really does suck--take your five weeks of being on edge and put it up to 52. I hear ya.
But I'm really, really glad you have somewhere to live, now. Can you e-mail me your new phone number and address when you have them?
Luv. xoxo
Post a Comment